There are many iPhone applications that can help a small business owner run their company. Find the top 10 iPhone apps that can help maintain your company’s social media marketing campaign as well as keep you in touch with employees, business partners, and clients.
The iPhone is not just a fun phone to have. It’s actually a great tool for business owners. Among the millions of apps available, there are some that are very useful for businesses, especially if you are a small business owner who needs to stay on top of things. Since social networking has reached an all-time high, it was only a matter of time before the need to stay connected through your iPhone became a must. The rise of social media has helped the news spread like wildfire and in order to keep up with
the newest topics, you’ll need to download these 10 social apps for your iPhone as soon as possible.
1. Facebook: The Facebook for iPhone app currently has 45,907,786 active users, a number that is growing
every day. This app will allow you to keep up with your business’s Facebook fan page wherever you are. Check out your news feed, update your profile, check your messages and see what your fans are saying about your company all from your mobile phone.
2. LinkedIn: LinkedIn for the iPhone allows you to put your professional network in the palm of your hands, literally. Connect with over 50 million professionals worldwide in real-time. Imagine yourself walking into a client meeting with the ability to look up the profile of your new contact and make a permanent connection online. The LinkedIn app allows you to find the person, information or company that can help you close a deal and allows you to get the latest updates from your contacts, interact and respond to them any time from any location.
3. Hootsuite: Use your Hootsuite iPhone app to manage multiple Twitter accounts, update your Facebook profile
and fan pages, translate Twitter messages from over 50 languages and schedule messages to send. You can also add geo-location coordinates to your tweets to let your employees and customers know where you are.
4. WordPress: Manage your company blog from your iPhone with the WordPress for iPhone app. Moderate comments and create and edit posts and pages quickly and easily from any location.
5. Foursquare: Keep up with your Foursquare account from your iPhone with this app. You’ll be able to see where your employees, friends and clients are in your city or surrounding cities. Get notification updates to your phone too. Also you’ll be able to view a social city-guide that helps you find nearby places that will reward you for stopping by or near. It’s easy to become the “mayor” of your favorite spot when you can update your account from your phone.
6. Twitteriffic: This Twitter app features a built-in browser that lets you follow tweeted links without leaving the application. Users can post tweets to their accounts, view other tweets from contacts and update a location. There’s a free (ad-supported) version as well as a paid version.
7. Myspace: The Myspace iPhone app allows you to stay in touch with your social network, send and receive
messages, view your contacts and read their statuses as well as upload photos from a phone.
8. YouTube: Browse and view millions of videos from any location on your mobile phone with the YouTube iPhone app. Access account favorites and playlists, search for videos, share and comment on videos and upload videos while on the go.
9. Mashable: This app allows you to keep up with the latest coverage from Mashable’s Web site wherever you may be. The Mashable app allows you to have the most current information on the Web 2.0 and social media world sent right to your mobile phone.
10. StumbleUpon: Use the StumbleUpon app to get the best stories on the Web sent right to your phone. Every time you
click Stumble!, you will be shown sites that have been chosen just for you based on the preferences you set. You’ll also be able to see which sites millions of users recommend. Keep up with the best news in your industry with this app.
Using these social networking apps will keep you connected
to the news in your industry as well as allow you to engage your employees,
clients and potential customers, whether you’re sitting in traffic or sipping
coffee brainstorming your next big business move.
Many of us don’t know properly how really we can utilize the potential of Google+ to promote the small business through our social media marketing efforts. Learn here in this article the benefits of Google+ for small businesses.
Are looking to incorporate Google+ into your social media strategy, but don’t know how? Are you an avid poster to your company’s Facebook Timeline? Well, then Google+ is right for you because the same thing you do on Facebook, you can also do on Google+! Also, in general you will see a great benefit from utilizing Google+ because of how it is (sort of) connected to Google’s search results as well as SEO, aka search engine optimization.
Many of the ways that you, your company, or your Internet Marketing firm is handling your Facebook or Twitter are the same ways you will also handle your personal and company Google+ account.
If you are doing social media marketing or optimization, the first thing you need to understand is that you have to start acquiring relevant and active people to put into your “circles” which is Google+’s version of adding friends. The only drawback for now is that with a Google+ page, you cannot add people to your company’s circles; they can only add your company to their circles. So, the thing that you need to do is first make a personal profile, and it would be best to use the CEO or owner of the business. If that isn’t an option, it should at least be another employee of the company because just like you essentially need an “Admin” for a Facebook page, you also need an Admin for a Google+ page.
So, you have a personal Google+ profile now, the next step will be to add other people to your circles, and encourage people to also add you to their circles. After that, you would “promote” your company’s profile (that you also made at the same time as your personal profile) by making posts that pertain to it like: “Hey, check out my company’s new page, it’s totally rad!” Something along those lines would be good. However, the thing that you can start doing is making posts (just like you do on Facebook) on your company’s page, and then using your personal profile to share them on your Google+. Some posts you could make are blogs, articles, or any relevant information you would like to share in order to engage with your audience. From then on, if those in your circles like what they see, some of those people in your circles will add your company to theirs!
There, now you’ve started your Google+ social media optimization strategy! Was that so hard? If you can do Facebook, you can certainly do Google+!
If the business owner seems non-compliant with how to get started on Google+, maybe it’s time to sit the company or business owner down and really nail down what he, she, or they want to achieve with social media optimization. Just jumping into it because it is the “new fad” is not a valid reason to start creating a Google+. A company needs to handle its social media strategy with love! After all, it is all about fan engagement, and making people want to come to you for your products or services!
HOW TO HAVE YOUR STORY SHARED NEXT?
1. Register an account
2. Follow Instagram page @influenzie
3. DM us about your story with a picture you want us to feature in the article.
To conclude, are a social media influencer looking for a secure way to get paid and connect with businesses in your industry? Register now to be featured on our latest blog at Influenzie™