In cases where you’d like money back from an influencer (Vendor), you can request a refund through Influenzie™ within 180 days of the payment.
Logged hours for the current week cannot be refunded until you have been billed. Please consider resolving any time-logging issues with your influencer (Vendor) prior to closing the contract. Your influencer (Vendor) may remove current week’s hours to avoid getting charged, but they cannot edit their Work Diary once the contract is closed.
Note: If you need to request an escrow refund on a fixed-price contract (funds in escrow, but not yet released to the influencer (Vendor)), or file a dispute on an hourly contract, they are different processes.
If you have hired an agency and would like a refund, please contact customer support at email@example.com
If you close the contract while waiting for a refund, you’ll still only have the usual 14 days to leave feedback. If you wait longer than that, you’ll lose your ability to leave public feedback on the contract. The influencer (Vendor) can enable feedback changes if you leave feedback and want to change it later.
Based on your request, your influencer (Vendor) can then choose to issue a full refund, a partial refund, or no refund at all. Even without a formal request, they can proactively initiate a refund through Influenzie™ on any contract, active or ended, as long as:
- The refund is within 180 days of the payment
- The refund amount is not more than what they earned on the contract
- They have funds available to cover the refund
If the influencer (Vendor) approves your refund request
The refund is automatically credited back to your billing method immediately.
- It may take 3-5 business days for the credit to be available to you on that billing method’s account.
- If a refund reduces the influencer (Vendor)’s earnings to $1 or less on the contract, the contract will no longer show on both your work histories and any feedback will be removed from your feedback ratings. It can take up to 12 hours for this information to update.
Note: If your original payments came from multiple billing methods, we’ll automatically apply a single credit to your Influenzie™ account that can be used to cover future invoices. Alternatively, you can contact our customer support to request that we issue split credits to all the original billing methods that you used rather than to your Influenzie™ account balance. Funds billed to one method cannot be refunded to another.
If the influencer (Vendor) refuses your refund request or does not reply
If the influencer (Vendor) declines to give a refund or you don’t hear back at all, you may still be able to dispute the charges. Timing is important here, however. You must file any dispute by Friday after a billing week closes. For example, you receive the week’s invoice on Monday at noon UTC. You have from then until Friday at midnight UTC to review those hours and file a dispute, if needed.
After you file a dispute
- We immediately alert your influencer (Vendor) via email and a notification in their Influenzie™ account. If the influencer (Vendor) accepts the dispute or doesn’t respond, we’ll refund the disputed hours to you on behalf of the influencer (Vendor) as a credit. If the influencer (Vendor) rejects and challenges the dispute, it will be reviewed by an Influenzie™ Dispute Specialist.
- Our dispute specialist will review and evaluate the influencer (Vendor)’s Work Diary using the criteria stated in the Influenzie™ Hourly Protection. Please allow up to four business days to receive a dispute decision.
- Although your account has already been charged for all of the hours billed, a dispute puts payment to the influencer (Vendor) on hold while the dispute specialist reviews the matter.
- If the specialist decides the dispute in your favor, the amount that was billed to you for the hours in question (including Influenzie™ payment processing fees) will be credited to your Influenzie™ account. If the specialist decides in favor of the influencer (Vendor), the payment you made will be released to them.
This means you can only dispute the current invoice, not past invoices. If you miss this window, you and your influencer (Vendor) should work together to resolve any issues and possibly discuss your refund request. If you are unable to reach an agreement please reach out to Support. Mediation assistance is available within 30 days of the last payment on your contract.
Fixed-price contracts are paid as work is submitted and approved. If you need to close a job with funds remaining in escrow, you may request an escrow refund. Dispute assistance is available if the last payment on a Fixed Price contract was within the previous 30 days or as long as funds are held in escrow.
If your influencer (Vendor) accepts the refund request
If the influencer (Vendor) approves the refund or does not respond within seven days, the money in escrow will be refunded. Refund credits can take up to five business days to appear.
If your influencer (Vendor) disputes the escrow refund
Your influencer (Vendor) can dispute the refund request if they feel a refund is not warranted. If this happens, we will notify you by email and you can either accept or reject the dispute:
- If you accept the dispute, the funds will be released to the influencer (Vendor)
- If you reject the dispute, an Influenzie™ dispute specialist will provide mediation assistance to both parties to try and resolve the matter